WELCOME TO THE KYSA WEB SITE!
Winter Office Hours • Tuesday through Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm
There will be three new faces on the board of directors of the Kamloops Youth Soccer Association following the election of officers that took place during the 2013 KYSA Annual General Meeting (November 28).
The newly elected directors are:
• Art McDonald, the Director of Facilities and Transportation for School District #73 and a Rep team coach in the KYSA.
• Chris Wilkinson, a financial reporting accountant with New Gold and the father of two mini-soccer aged players.
• Ryan Susheski, who is a Farrier by trade and the father of two KYSA-registered players. Ryan is also a member of the Kamloops Soccer Referees Association and an active referee in the Kamloops soccer community.
Current KSYA President Graham Cope was also re-elected to the board for another two-year term at yesterday’s meeting.
The (2013-2014) KYSA executive now consists of Sharon Cadieux, Tony Cuzzetto, Colin Guise, Graham Cope, Art McDonald, Chris Wilkinson and Ryan Susheski.
Who will serve as the President and Vice-President of the KYSA for 2014 will be determined at the first meeting of the “new” board in December.
In other news from the KYSA AGM…
• The KYSA membership approved a budget for the 2013-2014 fiscal year that projects a modest surplus on its operations without raising registration fees for the 2014 season.
• Members were advised of a directive from the association’s parent body, BC Soccer, calling for member organizations to discontinue the policy of keeping standings and presenting awards in the U11 and U12 age groups, starting with the 2014 season. The directive brings all member associations in line with the recommendations contained in the Canadian Soccer Association’s Long Term Player Development model.
Registration fees for the 2014 season are $575.00 for players selected for the Rep program, $195 per player for the Youth division (U11-U18) and $175 per person for players registering in the Mini-Soccer Division (U5 to U10). Discounts are granted for parents registering more than three children from the same family.
Registration for the KYSA’s 2014 season is now open. Parents can enroll their child(ren) on line (Click the “Register Now” button on the home page) or through the KYSA office on McArthur Island. The office is open Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-376-2750.
Congratulations to our 2013 KYSA Scholarship Winners!